Latest UpdatesA snapshot of the latest in economic indicators from our Economic Services team.
- 29 Mar 2023 CPI - February 2023The monthly CPI indicator rose by 6.8% over the year to February 2023, declining from the 7.4% recorded in the previous month. This was less than the 7.2% expected by the market participants. Compared to January, the level of the monthly CPI indicator rose by 0.2% in original terms and 0.6% in seasonally adjusted terms. This follows declines in the monthly rates of the CPI indicator in January.
- 28 Mar 2023 Retail Trade February 2023Retail sales ticked up by 0.2% in February, in line with the market expectations, taking the annual growth rate down to 6.4%, which is the lowest level since December 2021. Western Australia saw the strongest gains of 0.8% MoM and 8.8% YoY. The monthly retail sales figures are nominal, which means they reflect both changes in prices and volumes.
- 16 Mar 2023 Employment - February 2023Employment surged a seasonally adjusted 64.6k in February, more than the 49.1k expected by the markets. The unemployment rate declined 0.2ppts to 3.5% (mkt exp: 3.6%), to be back at the December 2022 level.
All Economic IndicatorsSelect your preferred publication to find out more.
- Balance of PaymentsRead more
Measuring economic transactions between Australia and the rest of the world.
- Building ApprovalsRead more
A breakdown of building work approved within Australia over the last month.
- CPI InflationRead more
The most recent data on consumer price inflation across Australia.
- EmploymentRead more
A snapshot of employment and participation within the Australian labour force.
- GDPRead more
Measures the total market value of all goods and services produced in Australia.
- Housing FinanceRead more
Newly approved loan commitments for borrowers for housing purposes.
- Retail TradeRead more
Domestic developments in retail trade across industry groups and states.
- Trade BalanceRead more
A summary of developments in Australian foreign trade over the most recent month.
- WagesRead more
Measuring changes in wage price indices for individual industries and states.
External Financial Resources
Top - Port of Port Hedland. Image courtesy of Pilbara Ports Authority.
Below - North Quay Terminals, Fremantle. Image courtesy of Fremantle Ports.
Read our commentary and analysis on financial markets and the Australian and global economies.