AT WATC we are passionate about enabling the Western Australia’s public sector, using our specialist knowledge of financial markets and financial risk management. Working at WATC is a rewarding endeavour that provides interesting and challenging work in a collaborative workplace culture.
Our people come from a broad range of disciplines including finance, economics, law, accounting, information technology and human resources. We look to employee highly skilled people, from diverse backgrounds, who embrace our core values of Integrity, Partnership, Adaptability, Achievement and Leadership.
People working at WATC enjoy:
WATC staff enjoy flexible working arrangements, including:
- flexible start and finish times
- working from home
- purchasing additional leave
- rostered days off
- temporarily change to part-time
- substitute State public holidays for different days.
We also realise how important the health and wellbeing of our employees is, and we offer a variety of wellness initiatives, including:
- free fruit deliveries twice a week
- discounted health insurance with HBF
- access to a free gym in the building
- free yoga, pilates and circuit classes
- free seminars on various health topics
- free annual flu vaccinations, skin cancer screening and health checks
- participation fee covered for selected fitness activities
- morning tea events.
Staff at WATC undertake interesting work and projects for the benefit of the Western Australian public sector.
WATC encourages staff to undertake professional development by providing 100 per cent financial support for relevant tertiary studies.
WATC also provides professional and leadership development through formal training courses and by supporting staff to work alongside technical experts.
WATC has an ongoing commitment to diversity and is currently developing a workforce plan that includes actions specifically aimed at improving diversity.
Reward and Recognition
Staff are acknowledged for excellent performance by their peers and management through a reward and recognition program that is framed around WATC’s corporate values.
The Women in STEM and Trades Pledge
WATC is committed to supporting women in STEM and Trades. WATC:
- recognises the benefits to women, organisations and the Western Australian economy of more women working in STEM fields and trades
- supports increased opportunities for women to undertake training and pursue careers in STEM fields and trades.