WATC offers its clients a comprehensive range of cost-effective debt finance solutions and associated advice on determining appropriate debt management strategies. WATC delivers pricing benefits by consolidating the State’s borrowing requirements into large marketable volume securities, backed by the State’s AA+ / Aa1 credit rating and the explicit guarantee of the Treasurer of Western Australia.
At 30 June 2018, WATC had in excess of $49.8 billion in loans to state government agencies and local governments.
WATC lends to any state government agency which:
- is constituted as a body corporate empowered to borrow
- has a Department of Treasury approved borrowing program.
WATC lends to local governments that:
- are constituted under the Local Government Act 1995 (the Act)
- comply with the Act’s borrowing requirements
- meet WATC’s Credit Policy
- have a Master Lending Agreement in place with WATC.