WATC was established on 1 July 1986 under the Western Australian Treasury Corporation Act 1986 (the Act) as the State’s central borrowing authority. Amendments to the Act during 1998 expanded WATC’s role to include the provision of financial management services to the Western Australian public sector.
The Hon. Ben Wyatt LLB MSc MLA
Treasurer; Minister for Finance; Aboriginal Affairs; Lands
Western Australian Treasury Corporation (WATC) is the State’s central financial services provider, working with its public sector clients to achieve sound financial outcomes.
WATC’s principal activities involve:
- funding and debt management
- asset and investment management
- financial advisory services
- financial risk management
- treasury management services and systems.